The Treasure Valley Roller Girls dwell in fantastic city of Boise, Idaho!! I wanted to feature skaters from this league in particular because frankly, most of what we all know about Idaho is that Denise Austin endorses it's potatoes. Idaho just doesn't get enough lovin' and these girls kick ass! Founded in 2006, they became an official WFTDA member league in 2011. I'm excited to see these girls tear it up in the West region this season!
Name: Ana Highway to Hell
4. List your most notable derby injuries?
I have had every bruise and contusion that most roller girls get. I did have a bruise that looked like Jesus, I tried to call the vatican but they kept putting me on hold. I have left ass skin and thigh flesh on the cement at Eagle Skate Park. But for the most part...nothing major!
5. What was/is your oddest non-derby injury?
I bruised some kidneys while playing soccer and have cracked my skull open walking down some stairs.
6. How did you select your derby name and number?
While watching my first derby bout, my friend Paul Bruch named me, I am not sure why he picked that but I promised to go with it. My number is my bar number, I passed the Idaho State Bar the same week I drafted to TVR.
7. When not being a derby badass, what do you do for work (company can be kept anonymous)?
I am an attorney.
8. What are some derby names that you find particularlyfunny/clever?
Udaho, LilBitCrazy, Muff N Quad
9. What is your non-derby first name?
10. If you could have chosen your own non-derby name, what would it be?
11. What are your non-derby hobbies/activities/hidden talents?
I quilt, which makes me sound so lame! I used to scrapbook but who has time for that with derby? I also enjoy volleyball and golfing.
12. Do you collect anything, if so, what/why?
I collect pressed pennies. I used to collect christmas houses, until they flew out of the back of the truck the last time I moved...
13. What was your favorite Holiday or Birthday present received as a kid?
Carpet. I wanted my room in the basement and lived without carpet down there for 6 months and then got carpet for my birthday! Amazing!
14. Who was the object of your most embarrassing teenage celebrity obsession?
19. I can't leave the house without...?
20. What would I find in your refrigerator right now?
all the ingredients for a poor mans bloody mary: green olives, pbr, tomato, cholula, and salt and pepper. Oh and some cheese.
21. What is your most over-used word or phrase?
"doll" and "no worries"
22. What is the last book you've read?
My Horizontal Life by Chelsea Handler
23. Very first set of wheels?
24. What is the biggest life hurdle that you have overcome?
Lost my mom at 8 and dad at 10...
25. List 3 things that you plan to accomplish in 2012?
Dance more, stress less, and skate hard.