Name: Jewel Suffer
Limerick Roller Girls
2. How long have you been skating (derby)?
I joined Limerick Roller Girls in April 2011 but didn't get my skates til may, so 8 months
3. How did you discover roller derby?
I've been very lucky and have not sustained any serious injuries to date, touch wood. I did skate one day in the skate park when I was missing one elbow pad. Thought to myself I never fall on my elbows. Then a tiny stone got jammed in one of my wheels and down I went. I still can't comfortably lean on that elbow and that was 5 months ago.
5. What was/is your oddest non-derby injury?
7. When not being a derby badass, what do you do for work (company can be kept anonymous)?
I work in Cork Airport as a member of the airport search unit.
8. What are some derby names that you find particularlyfunny/clever?
I love Tackle Me Elmo!
9. What is your non-derby first name?
10. If you could have chosen your own non-derby name, what would it be?
God I don't know, have never thought about that to be honest
11. What are your non-derby hobbies/activities/hidden talents?
12. Do you collect anything, if so, what/why?
I used to keep all the birthday cards I've gotten since I was born but stopped doing that a few years back. Thinking it might be time to start collecting derby t shirts though!
13. What was your favorite Holiday or Birthday present received as a kid?
I got the 'operation' board game! I loved it!
14. Who was the object of your most embarrassing teenage celebrity obsession?
15. Which celebrity would you like to be friends with?
Duh, Dave Grohl obviously! Lol\
17. What is something that most people don’t know, or would never guess about you?
I'm afraid of heights
18. What movie(s )can you watch over and over and never get sick of?
Its not strictly a movie but I love watching 'stop making sense' by the talking heads.
19. I can't leave the house without...?
20. What would I find in your refrigerator right now?
A very nice meatloaf that my boyfriend made. And some yogurts that probably need to be thrown out! As well as the usual staples milk, butter, eggs, cheese.
21. What is your most over-used word or phrase?
22. What is the last book you've read?
Down and Derby
23. Very first set of wheels?
As in for skates or first car?
The first wheels I skated on we're the radar caymens that came with my skates. First set I bought were pink radar tuners.
My first car was a crappy fiat cinquecento.
24. What is the biggest life hurdle that you have overcome?
Losing my mother at 16.
25. List 3 things that you plan to accomplish in 2012?
I plan to manage my time and money, or lack thereof, better
I plan to train very hard and become an excellent derby skater.
I plan to have a nice relaxing holiday