Name: Conway Hitty
Number: 6 string
|Photo by |
Mother Shutter Photography
3. How did you discover roller derby?
I was in an organization for tattooed women who were "do gooders" in their communities. One of the refs was also part of that organization and she was always asking me to come out, until one night I gave in and saw what it was all about.
4. List your most notable derby injuries?
Torn ligaments in my shoulder, bad bone bruises, and some small concussions here and there
5. What was/is your oddest non-derby injury?
I've been really lucky. Been playing sports all my life and nothing really serious has ever happened.
6. How did you select your derby name and number?
My ex came up with it. Guess he was good for somethin'.
7. When not being a derby badass, what do you do for work (company can be kept anonymous)?
Optical lab tech
8. What are some derby names that you find particularlyfunny/clever?
Elly Dismay, more funny than clever if you ask me.
9. What is your non-derby first name?
Kiira - yes with two "I's"
10. If you could have chosen your own non-derby name, what would it be?
Love my name, wouldn't change it for the world.
11. What are your non-derby hobbies/activities/hidden talents?
Modeling, avid music lover, I'm pretty handy with soem make-up and hair styling too.
12. Do you collect anything, if so, what/why?
Horror movie memoribillia, awesome shoes...'cause I love horror movies and I like to keep my kicks fresh!
13. What was your favorite Holiday or Birthday present received as a kid?
My CD player and my roller blades
14. Who was the object of your most embarrassing teenage celebrity obsession?
JC Chasez from N'sync
|Photo credit unknown (if it's yours, let us know!)|
15. Which celebrity would you like to be friends with?
Rob Zombie, I hear he has quite the horror movie collection. Or Hank III, cause I like to raise hell at times.
16. Do you haveTattoos? What, where, and why?
-Tramp stamp on the lower back, butterfly with Mariah Carey lyrics from her song "Butterfly" encircling it.
-Halloween chest piece, cause I came out of the womb loving Halloween.
-Microphone on my arm, cause I used to sing.
-Cowgirl on my other arm that says "Southern Drawl", cause I'm a southern belle and proud of it.
17. What is something that most people don’t know, or would never guess about you?
I am Mariah Carey's biggest fan
18. What movie(s )can you watch over and over and never get sick of?
The Shining, House of 1000 Corpses, There Will Be Blood, Gone With the Wind
19. I can't leave the house without...?
20. What would I find in your refrigerator right now?
I ate it all
21. What is your most over-used word or phrase?
22. What is the last book you've read?
When I do actually read a book, it's usually a true crime novel.
|Photo by Steven Hewett Photography|
23. Very first set of wheels?
24. What is the biggest life hurdle that you have overcome?
Realizing that my happiness DOES matter, and sometimes you have to make sacrifices in order to achieve that happiness.
25. List 3 things that you plan to accomplish in 2012?
-2012 has been beautiful so far, I want to accomplish keeping it that way.
-Either learn to play and instrument or start singing again, either way, furthering my music.