Name: Rox 'N' Rolls
|Photo by: Katelyn Fraser Photography|
Red Rock 'N Roller Derby
2. How long have you been skating (derby)?
1 year (January)
3. How did you discover roller derby?
See, I run a daycare and a parent come talking about going to roller derby. I questioned her about it, I ordered all my gear and just showed up to join before even checking it out first. I used to be a regular skater at a local roller rink about 25-26 years ago. They shut the rink down and I always said that if I ever had a chance to wear skates again that I would be there.
4. List your most notable derby injuries?
Some Rink rash on my left leg. It was a wipe out on some concrete, I was bloody and scabby.
5. What was/is your oddest non-derby injury?
My oddest non derby injury is to my butt. I have a large indent from one side of my butt cheek to the other that has all dead tissue. I took a major fall 2 years ago, I fell 10 feet off a roof onto a ladder. I was rushed to the hospital. I landed and my whole back hit every rung of the ladder. I walked out with a small fracture to my left foot, a major sore ass and a slight concussion. Doctors told me that I should be dead or paralysed. So, it has caused me to look at life so differently.
6. How did you select your derby name and number?
It was selected with the help of the other girls. Rox 'N' Rolls 69
7. When not being a derby badass, what do you do for work (company can be kept anonymous)?
I run an in-home daycare of seven children which I enjoy.
8. What are some derby names that you find particularlyfunny/clever?
9. What is your non-derby first name?
10. If you could have chosen your own non-derby name, what would it be?
11. What are your non-derby hobbies/activities/hidden talents?
I love to oil paint, knit, cross country ski.
12. Do you collect anything, if so, what/why?
Tea cups and saucers. I am a tea drinker and I love old tea cups and saucers that are different; especially ones with legs as opposed to flat bottoms.
13. What was your favorite Holiday or Birthday present received as a kid?
14. Who was the object of your most embarrassing teenage celebrity obsession?
15. Which celebrity would you like to be friends with?
16. Do you haveTattoos? What, where, and why?
Yes, one on my left shoulder, a butterfly tat I designed myself with 3 hearts falling behind. Each one representing one of my children with their favourite colour.
17. What is something that most people don’t know, or would never guess about you?
I like many colours but I prefer black
|Photo By: Ripley's Photography|
19. I can't leave the house without...?
My purse, it has everything but the kitchen sink.
20. What would I find in your refrigerator right now?
Strawberries, I love strawberries
21. What is your most over-used word or phrase?
"The thing is..... is that"
22. What is the last book you\'ve read?
"Hunt" by derby sister Patti Larsen
23. Very first set of wheels?
24. What is the biggest life hurdle that you have overcome?
Gaining - Learning how to improve my self esteem and self confidence. Also learning that I am important and I come first.
25. List 3 things that you plan to accomplish in 2012?
Plan to play derby this year. (our league hasn't bouted yet)